Paytm is one of India’s many e-commerce and e-payment portals. This platform was launched back in the year 2010. The brand name is derived as an acronym from “Payment Through Mobile.” In today’s digital era, Paytm offers online shopping, a secure payment gateway, and also an e-wallet for maximum consumer convenience.
Today Paytm is a popular payment platform because of its continued focus and up-gradation of cashless transactions.
Here is a guide for users who want to use Paytm by adding money through a credit card.
What is Paytm wallet?
Within the Paytm app, there is a virtual wallet called the Paytm Wallet. A user who has a registered account with Paytm can add money to the wallet through credit card, debit card, net banking, etc.
Some of the primary uses of a Paytm wallet are:
- The Paytm wallet can be used for receiving or sending money apart from making payments to vendors for purchases made.
- The wallet balance can be used to make payments for various products and services including phone bill, electricity bill, prepaid recharges, DTH recharge, gas, metro rides, water, etc.
Users who are looking to add money to their Paytm wallet can use the following steps.
Ways to add money to your PayTm wallet
Option 1 – On the Paytm website:
- To add money to their Paytm wallet through the official website, users must visit www.paytm.com.
- The next step is to log into the registered Paytm account with a registered email id or phone number.
- Users will then be redirected to a page containing various service options, including “Add Money.”
- After clicking on this option, users must select the mode of payment or balance addition from the available options. These generally include
- Credit/debit card
- IMPS and
- Parallelly, users must key in the amount of money to be added to the wallet.
- After selecting the “Credit Card” option, the website will redirect users to a secured payment gateway page where they will have to fill in the correct card details.
- Some of the details to be filled in include card number, name on the card, card validity, and CVV number.
- Users who want to avoid adding the same card details for future transactions can save the credit card details by clicking on the ‘save’ option. However, they will still need to enter the card’s CVV number every time that the credit card is used. This helps in maintaining the appropriate security of the gateway.
- Users then have to click on the “Submit” option to proceed with the transaction.
- The page will then redirect users to the homepage of the user’s Paytm account and the transferred amount will reflect in their Paytm Wallet.
Option 2 – On the Paytm app:
- The first step is to launch the app on a smartphone.
- Users must then click on the “Add Money” option available on the topmost section of the homepage.
- The next step is to select from the mode of payment options such as debit/credit card, net banking, and IMPS.
- Once the user has selected a credit card option, the page will redirect to a secure payment gateway. Here, users have to fill in the card details like card number, name on the card, validity, and CVV number.
- Just like the website, users will be given the option to save card details to make future payments faster.
- After entering all the details, users must click on the “Submit” option.
- Once done, the chosen amount will be added to the Paytm wallet. Users must verify the same before proceeding towards another transaction.
Paytm offers a wallet facility where users can top-up or add money and use the balance for carrying out transactions such as bill payments, recharges, purchases, money transfer, etc. Users can easily add money to their Paytm wallet using a credit card by following the steps mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the maximum amount that can be added to Paytm Wallet?
For KYC customers, the wallet balance cannot exceed Rs.1,00,000 at any point in time. For users who have completed min-KYC through an Officially Valid Document (OVD), transactions and top-ups of up to Rs. 10,000 per month are allowed.
Money got debited from my credit card, but it is not reflecting in my Paytm wallet. What should I do?
You can either wait for the wallet to reflect the balance transferred and contact Paytm customer care for the same. In some cases, the amount gets reversed back to the source within the stipulated timelines depending on the payment method. Sometimes, users may have to reach out to their bank to ensure that the amount gets credited back.
What are the charges for sending money through the Paytm app?
Transferring money via the Paytm app is free, and the entire amount will be transferred to the beneficiary without any deductions.
Can I make credit card payments with Paytm wallet?
Depending on the amount to be paid, and the limits set by Paytm, you can make the credit card bill payment using your Paytm wallet.
Are there any fees for adding money to Paytm wallet from credit card?
Paytm users have to pay a 2% fee on the amount added to their Paytm wallet using a credit card.