FM’s Relief Measures: All you need to know
– Citizens under a certain income threshold will be eligible for “Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Anaj Yojana”. The people under this scheme will get an additional 5kg of wheat/rice for free, along with this one KG of locally available pulses will be provided over the next 3
More than 80 crore Indians will be benefitted from this scheme.
– Famers will receive INR.6,000 per annum through PM-KISAN scheme with the first installment being paid upfront by the government.
Almost 8.69 crore farmers will get immediate benefit of it.
– Poor senior citizen, widows and divyangs to receive INR.1,000 over the next 3 months.
– Medical insurance cover of INR.50 lakhs per health worker
This will include almost 20 lakh healthcare personnel
– 8.3 crore families below poverty line will get the free LPG cylinders for three months
– There are 63 lakh self-help groups for women in the country. They get up to INR. 10 lakh
collateral-free loans right now.
Doubling the amount of collateral-free loans to INR. 20 lakhs
– Women Jan Dhan account holders to get INR. 500 per month for the next three months.
Almost 192 million women’s who are eligible for this scheme will be directly benefitted.
– Organised sector worker (through EPFO): Centre will pay the EPF contribution both, of the employer and of the employee (12% each) for the next three months. This is for all those stablishments that have up to 100 employees and 90% of whom earn under INR. 15,000 per month
– Wage increase under MNREGA will benefit 5 crore families. Wage increase will result in
additional income of INR. 2,000 per worker.
Cash transfer will be through DBT in eight parts: Farmers, MNREGA, widows, poor pensioners, divyang, women under Jan Dhan Yojana, women and households under Ujjwala scheme, self-help groups for women especially under the livelihood mission, organized sector workers under EPFO, construction workers and district mineral funds.
– For Construction Sector Workers: The welfare fund currently has 31000 Cr and 3.5 Cr registered workers. GOI to give instructions to State govt to prevent economic disruption by use of these funds
District Mineral Fund_ – To be used by State govt for testing, medication, etc