Andhra Pradesh has a lot of low-income group people, and they have limited access to health care provisions. To combat this, Andhra Pradesh State Government has Launched Dr YSR Aarogyasri Scheme, whose inauguration was done by CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. This is the second welfare scheme that the government launched in 2007. Aarogyasri Health Care Trust administers this scheme. The families who do not have enough income can get health services free of cost.
The main purpose of the scheme is to provide free treatment to patients for specific ailments in any hospital located in the state.
Main features and advantages of YSR Arogyasri Scheme
- Hospital Care- Diseases mentioned under this scheme and those needing hospitalization are covered.
- Outside care- There are network hospitals and health camps where one can avail the services for the treatment completely cashless.
- People who have applied for this scheme get a financial cover of Rs. 5 Lakh per year per family. Those who need medical help can apply for this aid if they are part of the registered family.
- Suppose the scheme member has the disease before applying for the scheme, then that disease is also covered under the plan. This benefit is not available in other health insurance schemes which are commercial.
- Treatments that need follow-up after hospitalization and need money are also covered under this scheme.
- This scheme provides benefits to the whole family, known as family-floater Health Insurance Cover: One does not need to make different plans for each family member.
Treatments that are taken care of under YSR Aarogyasri
Dr YSR Aarogyasri scheme.covers treatment from simple to critical. Below are some of the major treatments that can be taken at empanelled hospitals
- General Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Orthopedic Surgery And Procedures
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgeries
- Genitourinary Surgeries
- Neuro Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Plastic Surgery
- Critical Care
- General Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
Eligibility to apply for YSR Aarogyasri:
The criteria are quite simple as below:
- Families native to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana can apply for this scheme.
- Those whose family income is below Rs. 5 Lakh can apply.
- It is a must that they should possess white ration cards.
- Members of Antodaya Anna Yojana can apply for the scheme.
- Those who are applying should have 35 acres of dry and wet land.
- People under this scheme should pay municipal property tax for less than 3000 Sft (334 sq. yds)
Steps to apply for the YSR Aarogyasri Scheme:
- Those eligible for schemes need to visit the enrolment centre with the required documents for the application.
- Next, the documents are verified.
- After that, the applicants are provided with a YSR Aarogyasri health card, which is used to benefit from cashless treatments.
- The beneficiaries can visit the Aarogyasri portal and log in using their ID and password. The credentials are provided at the MeeSeva centre.
One can also choose to apply at the below centres for direct registration:
- Vaidya Mitra counters at Primary Health Care (PHC)
- Health camps by PHC
- Direct registration at an NWH via referrals
- Referral from Certified Medical Compliance Officer (CMCO)
Documents Required to enrol for YSR Aarogyasri Scheme:
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof
- Income certificate or income tax returns
What is YSR Aarogyasri Card?
Families applying for the Dr YSR Aarogyasri scheme get the YSR Aarogyasri Health Card. People can use this card to avail cashless medical services. This can apply to empanelled hospitals located in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. This card consists of a unique card number photograph and other details of the holder. A medical emergency acts as an identity proof to apply for benefits.
How To Download Aarogyasri App?
To check the details related to Dr YSR Aarogyasri Yojana, one can visit the online application available on the play store.
Step 1: Visit “Google Play Store”.
Step 2: Find “Aarogyasri Trust”.
Step 3:Install the app.
No, you are not required to pay any premium as it was born by the Andhra Pradesh government. This makes the scheme more beneficial for people with low income.
Use YSRAHCT, YSR Health Care Trust’s mobile application, to find the data. Another option is to connect with customer care or a webpage.
There is a Kiosk in the hospital where you can find Vaidya Mitra. They will guide you through the process of hospitalization as well as fetching claims.
These healthcare institutes provide medical services to applications under the Dr YSR Aarogyasri scheme.